Maryland Judiciary Case Search Online: We know you are here to know about the ‘Maryland Judiciary Case Search’. Yes! now you are allowed to search Maryland criminal court records online in just a matter of minutes. The state of Maryland has given the public access to case records. With that access, you can search for court cases and opinions online. If you want to do a background check then you can easily search criminal records for free in the state of Maryland to find out whether the person was convicted of a felony or not. This option can be used for a pre-employment background check. For further details check the below section.
Maryland Judiciary Case Search Online
As a part of the pre-employment background check, you can do Maryland Judiciary Case Search online to weed out the fraudulent applicants. Out of all the qualified applicants you need to pick the honest ones. And this can be done via a background check. Before initiating a background check with the third party agent, you can perform an online Maryland Judiciary Case Search. With this action, you can know whether the information submitted by them is factual or not. Below we have provided the information with which you can learn how to perform the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Online. If you are willing to find whether the applicant is honest to work for you in the State of Maryland then check the guidelines and information which we have updated in this post.
How to Perform Maryland Judiciary Case Search Online
In order to perform the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Online, you will require few things. We have provided them below. Just keep them ready before performing the online search. Also, follow our guidelines as mentioned in the below section.
Things You Will Require:
- Full Legal Name and Date of Birth.
- A pc or a laptop with internet access.
Important Information You Need to Know:
- Arrange all the job applications properly. Take some time to research about them. As we discussed earlier, The State of Maryland provides the access to court records. That is, you can search an online database containing District Court traffic, civil case records & criminal case records of Maryland. You can search for free and will not take much time. The amount of information available per jurisdiction will vary based on the system. The well managed and often upgraded computerized case management system provides more info and vice versa. Even if an applicant has never received a conviction, a history of their arrest/case disposition remains documented. And you can find it from the online database unless they have petitioned the Courts to delete their records. These public records are available to everyone but, however, the Juvenile Records are sealed. That is, the general public will not be allowed to access that records.
- Most often, the applications request for the information which reveals the prior criminal convictions of a person. This can be done as a part of an employee criminal background check but remember to keep it legal i.e. don’t ask someone directly that how many times they have been arrested. It is possible that they may have been arrested and then released as innocent. Thousands of guilty people are released due to clerical error or a technicality such as failure to properly maintain chain of evidence protocol. Perhaps a case was dropped due to witness intimidation; no States witness/no case. Or maybe they left no DNA or fingerprints behind to prove sufficient evidence to convict. If you want to ask anything then you, by Law, can only ask whether the applicant has ever received a conviction and, if so, to explain the circumstances.
- Ensure that you have properly formatted the job application to ask for relevant information such as the full legal name and any aliases the applicant has ever used. As we mentioned earlier, you will need their date of birth. Also, have the information of their address history of 3-5 years (or more). All these details and information are required to initiate an online Maryland Judiciary Case Search.
- Now you can begin the background screening at the local level by verifying the information you have. Once after receiving the list of qualified applicants, you can start this process. Before that make sure to ask them the legal copies of their Driver’s License, State ID Card, Passport, Birth Certificate and Social Security Card. Also, you have to contact the prior employers and personal or business references, that the applicants have provided. Verify that the Schools listed by them have their name in the school alumni records.
- Visit the official website of Maryland Judiciary Case Search or click on the official website.
- Once after verifying the name(s), dates and locations, read the terms, conditions, and limitations.
- If you agree to them, click ‘Continue’ to proceed to the next page.
- Enter the information into the relevant boxes and click search to begin.
- Extend your search by selecting all case types and searching both Circuit and District Courts, with the Party Type and County set on Default All.
- Compare any results with the name and age of the applicant.
- After that, complete the legal hiring process for employment by performing the background check required by the Maryland State Police.
- For that, you need to collect the applicant’s fingerprints scanned through the (Nationwide) AFIS system. (Applicants can also provide the ‘Form 011’ which is nothing but a state fingerprint card that can be printed at any local law enforcement agency)
- Then the State Police will mail this card either to the CJIS-Central Repository located at 6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 102, Baltimore Maryland 21215 or to CJIS-CR P.O. Box 32708, Pikesville, Maryland, 21282.
Note: To get the information of different levels of record search, contact the Maryland State Police. They will let you know about them and also the fees associated with that process. For faster service, twenty-two Maryland State Police Barracks are available. And they all offer the criminal background checks.
Things to Remember
- Remember that you can’t find the record in Maryland’s Judiciary Case record system for the crimes committed out of State.
- You are allowed to perform this online search only as a precursor to the background check run through the Maryland State Police.
- Anyone can perform an online search for a quick background check.
- People can also search for their neighbor’s background.
- Landlords can use this to check the background of their tenants.
We hope that this information was useful to you. If you have any questions regarding this post, let us know them through your comments.
Thanks for visiting our site:)